Monday, July 20, 2015

Branching Out

Spending time in my craft room is so cherished for me, why does life have to get in the way.  Sorry I haven't posted lately.
I thoroughly love trying new techniques and today's post is my result.
I'm obsessed with the new Color Burst product from Ken Oliver and all the fabulous results I can get.
I stamped this bird image from Martha Stewart on watercolor card stock. I have been experimenting with Versafine, Ranger Archival and StazOn inks to see if there's any difference for me or if I like one better.
I do like Versafine and Ranger the best because they are easier to clean up. but StazOn works fine.
I used Versafine and my Misti to stamp this image and sentiment.
I sprayed water on the card and then sprinkled the Color Burst pigment on the card front.  I continued to spray more water until I got the background I liked also focusing the red in the area I had stamped the bird.  After the paper was completely dry I spritzed bleach on the paper to achieve the spotty effect.
I used a brush to bleach out the flowers and branches.  Using Distress markers I placed color back on the branches and then added some bling to finish the card.


I had a great time making this card and will do this again!

Thanks for hanging in there and stoping by my little blog today.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment