Friday, June 12, 2015

Fun Stuff

Today I want to share a fun new product by Ken Oliver, or at least to me.
Color Burst is like magic in a little bottle.  
There are currently 6 colors but I have heard there may be a few more added later this month.



This micro-fine concentrated powder reacts with water. Apply it with a wet brush, sprinkle it directly on a wet surface, or dissolve it in water to make a mist. Dry it quickly with a heat if you want.

Here is the first card I made using a stencil and white embossing powder resist.
With this card I sprinkled the powder on the surface and then sprayed it with water. I didn't want the entire background covered for this effect.


Now on this second card I used another resist method but used a large background stamp.  I totally wet the surface of the card and then sprinkled the Color Burst powder on top.  I moved the water around with a brush and also just tilted the paper to get the color to move around.

This stuff is addicting and so much fun.  

Ken Oliver is actually coming to our local scrapbook store here in Cedar Rapids to teach several classes.  Needless to say, I will be there next Friday night.
Prepare to have inky fingers and let the magic begin.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a fabulous weekend.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and bright! Love both cards :-) I hadn't heard about this product. Need to investigate :-)
    Enjoy your evening.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete