Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Today at Inky Antics - "Try It Different" Tuesday: Snowball Penguin

Try it Tuesday at Inky Antics features another one of my Guest Designer cards.
This card uses the HoneyPop collections that I have grown to love.  

The set that I used is 11195MC Snowball Penguin HoneyPOP Clear Set(drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung), 
Don't these guys just make you laugh?  Almost makes you want to go out and play in the snow???? I have the snow here in Iowa, but I think the temperature with the windchill (-3) I will be convinced to stay inside with my warm coffee.

I used Heidi Swapp Color Magic resist paper and made my own custom colored paper by spraying it with Heidi Swapp Tropicana Teal, as you can see in the hexagon-shaped borders of the background pattern, which is beneath the penguin (popped up with foam tape and adorned with glitter and fuzzy pom poms):



Here's a close up of the front focal image.

All the images (on the outside and inside) were colored with Copic markers (Y15, Y17, Y19, BG000, BG53, BG57, T4, T5, and T7), and then I fussy cut them out. 

I did some recycling of my lightweight packing foam to create the snow and some of the snowflakes. I adhered the lightweight foam to a piece of silver paper, and embossed it with a snowflake design (using a Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folder in Snow Flakes.) Then I cut the paper to make the snow drifts. The finishing touches are a few snowflakes and bling."


I had a great time making this card and I'm so excited to share it with you in addition to it being feature at Inky Antics.
These cards are great and make a BIG impression when the recipient opens to find the pop-up surprise.
Give them a try!
Thanks for stopping and stay Warm.
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment