Saturday, May 11, 2013

What I did today

Some of you may know that my church helps sponsor a brunch every year the Saturday before Mother's Day.  There are about 35 tables set up and then we all volunteer to decorate the tables with a theme.
In the past the decorating involved a center piece and a complete table setting for 6, dishes, silverware and glasses.  Well thankfully this year they changed it up a little and all we had to do is provide a center piece.  So much easier on me since I usually have the task of 6-8 tables.  I'm home, linens in the washers and stuff put away.  This usually takes me over 4 hours and I did it in 1 hour.
Well with that said I'm going to share what I did. 
Pictures were taken with my phone, so hope you can see everything OK.

This was a baking theme, no I did not make the cupcakes.

I got the green container at Gordmans, where I work and it was so inexpensive.  I put some real fuzzy like flowers in it along with these crazy $1.00 store smiley flowers.  Oh, so colorful.

This is a sweet, girly table.  Wire dress forms, feathers, beads, pearls and netting.
All pink, which is really not me.

Lemons and Limes.  This is simple and always looks nice.  I found the table cloth at Kohl's on sale for $6.00.  It really made the table.

S'more Forrest.  This theme was borrowed from my daughter-in-laws baby shower.  The log bases were made by a friends husband and he drilled holes in the top for the sucker sticks to go into.  Who doesn't have a few small xmas type trees, add some burlap, rocks and a candle.  Oh, and of course, S'more Pops.

The Wise Owl table.  Little did I know that this would be the table that was a hit.  Owls are very big right know and fortunately we have zillions of them at Gordmans.  Believe it or not the base started with a rubber tree ring (the fake mulch), then I layered a flat synthetic walking stone over the tree hole.  Put the birch tree, decorative rocks and the Owl's.  I think I have 9.

Ok, so now back to my craftroom.  Enjoy you weekend.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment