Saturday, September 3, 2011

the big one.....

Today I have another fun image from Mo Manning.  I selected this image to make a card for my future daughter-in-law.  She has a pumpkin patch and has dreams of a pumpkin like this. The town where she lives has a big pumpkin festival which holds the 2nd place world record title with a 1662 pound pumpkin.   I remember when we first move to Iowa, my husband and I stumbled upon this festival and I've never seen so many HUGE pumpkins.  I was just amazed at the size and that there were so many pumpkins in one place.  At the time I had no idea of the history in this little Iowa town and the connection it has with the pumpkin.  If you'd like to read more about the festival go here to see the details.
To finish the card I needed some nail heads that matched, so I used my Copic markers and airbrush with a little B37 to fix that.  You will also see that I softened the white cardstock with some E55, once again with my airbrush.
This card was so much fun to make and I hope to color it again soon.  Hope you enjoy and have a great Labor Day weekend.  ~Nancy~

Supplies:
Image- Mo Manning digital
Copic Markers- YR04,YR07,YR09,YR21,YR23,YR24,R24,R20,E000,E01,E11,E55,E57,E59,YG93,YG95,YG97,B32,B34,B37,W1,N0
Paper - JilliBean Soup-Apple Cheddar Soup
Spellbinder - Postage Stamps
Ribbon- Stampin' UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment